Monday, November 8, 2010

Thinking Ahead

When my youngest son was three, the phrase "think ahead" really baffled him. What does it mean to think ahead?

I wrote a little book about this to share with him, and sent it along to a kindergarten teacher friend. I had forgotten about it until Aidan started kindergarten himself this year. I dredged it up from the computer archives, added some illustrations, and turned it into a projectable book. Instant gratification!

You can download the compressed file, including the Powerpoint and the printable version, here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I'm in my second year in the classroom....this is my first year with Kindergarteners! Do you know of any K blogs out there? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope that you are enjoying teaching kindergarten. I'll try to post some of the other emergent reader books I've made. Anyone else know of some great kindergarten blogs out there?

    ReplyDelete